Ste. Anne du Ruisseau (Y) : East of Tusket. Originally known as “Eel Brook”. The Indian name for this place was “Wiplomesgokum”, meaning “place of eels , but they were poor and lean”. It was settled in 1767 by seven Acadians who escaped deportation. The name was an English translation of the original Mi’kmaq descriptive. It was changed in the 1950s to conform to the name of the local parish. Ruisseau is translated from French as “a small brook”.